1972 vintage human meatbag. By day I work as a Developer Advocate for Canonical, working on Snapcraft and Ubuntu. By night I’m a married dad to two amazing kids. I also like cats, but really want a dog.
Ways to support my work, or give thanks.
- Amazon Wishlist - buy things for me
- Amazon Shop - buy things for yourself
- ko-fi - buy me a coffee
- Paypal - send me some funds
- LBRY - Join LBRY using my referral link
Some current, past and maybe future projects of mine:
Projects I actively work on.
- https://popey.com/ (duh)
- https://makealinux.app/ - Stop making Linux distributions, make applications instead.
- https://popeyspad.es/ - OpenSpades server info
- https://ubuntupodcast.org/ - A podcast, about Ubuntu (mostly) which I present with Mark and Martin.
Things I plan to do something with, but haven’t quite got to yet.
- https://tipcast.org/ - a podcast project that never happened, but might, who knows!?
- https://ubuntuupdate.com/ - was used for a podcast, but will “soon” be news
Projects I probably should retire.
- https://havethebuttonsmovedbackyet.com/ - This was a little poke at people who complained bitterly when we moved the window controls from the right to the left of the window, in Unity. I made this site which had “No” on it until 2017 when we switched to GNOME Shell and with it, the window controls moved back. Hence the screenshot on the site now.
- https://ubuntu.social/ - A mastodon instance I spun up from the pub. This was a silly idea. Hosting a social network, especially one like this, full of furries, isn’t good for your sanity.
The VPS is hosted by BitFolk who aren’t sponsoring the site or content, but they’re friends, and I like their services. If you’re looking for a reliable VPS host, consider using BitFolk. Tell them I sent you. :)