1972 vintage human meatbag. By day I work as a Developer Advocate for Axiom. By night I’m a married dad to two amazing kids. I also like cats, but really want a dog.
Ways to support my work, or give thanks.
- Amazon Wishlist - buy things for me
- Amazon Shop - buy things for yourself
- ko-fi - buy me a coffee
- Paypal - send me some funds
- Linode - get you $100 60-day credit once a payment method is added to your account
- Digital Ocean
Some current, past and maybe future projects of mine:
Projects I actively work on.
- https://popey.com/ (duh)
- https://linuxmatters.sh/ - A podcast I do with my friends.
- https://ubuntu.social/ - A mastodon instance I spun up from the pub, tore down, and then rebuilt on decent hardware from Linode
- https://makealinux.app/ - Stop making Linux distributions, make applications instead
- https://popeyspad.es/ - OpenSpades server info
Things I plan to do something with, but haven’t quite got to yet.
Projects I probably should retire.
- https://tipcast.org/ - a podcast project that never happened, but might, who knows!?
- https://ubuntuupdate.com/ - was used for a podcast
- https://ubuntupodcast.org/ - A podcast, about Ubuntu (mostly) which I present with Mark and Martin.
- https://havethebuttonsmovedbackyet.com/ - This was a little poke at people who complained bitterly when we moved the window controls from the right to the left of the window, in Unity. I made this site which had “No” on it until 2017 when we switched to GNOME Shell and with it, the window controls moved back. Hence the screenshot on the site now.
The VPS is hosted by BitFolk who aren’t sponsoring the site or content, but they’re friends, and I like their services. If you’re looking for a reliable VPS host, consider using BitFolk. Tell them I sent you. :)